The Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University is dedicated to helping gifted students, age 4 through grade 12, reach full potential. We provide research-based assessment, advanced programs, and resources to enhance a child’s schooling. CTD offers enrichment and credit courses in a range of subject areas. Our dynamic program pathways approach leads students on a journey of intellectual, emotional, and social growth.
CTD is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI).
• Northwestern University’s Midwest Academic Talent Search (NUMATS): Research-based assessment for high-ability children in grades 3 through 9 that identifies exceptional academic ability and connects students to tailored learning opportunities.
• Gifted LearningLinks: Online courses for children in grades K through 12 that allow access to advanced subject matter, individualized pace, and one-on-one engagement with instructors. Enrichment and credit courses offered year round (including honors and AP®).
• Weekend Enrichment Programs: Advanced, unique courses range in duration from one weekend to eight consecutive Saturdays. The Saturday and Sunday Enrichment Programs offers hands-on learning of a single subject for children age 4 through grade 9. Enrichment and credit courses are available during fall, winter and spring sessions. The Accelerated Weekend Experience provides single weekend, career-oriented courses for students grades 5 through 8, scheduled year round.
• Summer Program: From early childhood through high school the Summer Program offers gifted students an exceptional opportunity to delve deep into a subject of interest, build upon their strengths, and connect with a community of peers. Participants enjoy academic challenge through fast-paced enrichment, honors, and AP® courses taught in a highly supportive environment. Residential option at Northwestern University; commuter options at sites throughout the Chicago area.
• Civic Education Project: Outstanding service-learning and leadership programs that allow bright students grades 7 through 12 to experience social issues first-hand and explore innovative solutions. Programs offered year round.